Solaris Appartments

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Phew, I know it's been quite warm in resort recently, but I still didn't fancy bringing my tent! It looks a long walk from where the coaches drop you off in resort, we are coming out with Crystal Holidays, does anyone know how long the walk is or if there is a transfer available, according to the brochure we get dropped off and walk to the hotel/appartments but I have two young kids with me!
    • Just returned from this holiday. FANTASTIC time. Great snow from the 6th - 11th March, with brilliant blue skies, then on the 12th it snowed BIG TIME. We did go out at 9:30am but winds were strong, chairlift was scary, visibility poor; so took the kids back into the appartment and played UNO and cards for a couple of hours. Then back out after lunch; much better. Fresh snow was between ankle and knee deep but wind had dropped (abit) and visibility was better. We stayed in Pas de la Casa for a couple of hours, the higher lifts were closed due to the wind.
      Great week and we will return. Solaris was on the edge of the far edge of the town, no noise from clubs and bars at all...but from 2:30am until 4:30am we had noise from returning guests ! This was bad for a couple of days and then improved as if you call the local police (on 110) and complain about drunken noise after 11pm they rush out and charge the noise makers 150 Euro for a first offence...then it goes up !!! If the hotelier complains the charge is not levied !!!!!
      We had a fantastic week (kids are 8 and 10) a few blue slopes should be reds, and most red slopes are 95% blue; it is the worst piste map I have ever had to use, slopes you think are down hill are actually up hill, and it takes a few days to see how to get most efficiently from one valley to the next. You can easily ski from Pas de la Casa to the very extreme of the ski area, but you do need to be heading home by 2pm to catch the connecting lifts.
      The towns are high (2000m plus) and the mountains peaks are low (2500m), so most runs are quite short, you can ski down to Soldeu and El tarter on pistes through the trees for longer runs, but mostly easy blues except for the World Cup (2012) Black run into Soldeu.
      Large beer in supermarket is 65p (0.70 Euro), on the mountain ranges from 2.8 - 5 Euro. Meal out for family usually costs 70 Euro (Fondue or Raclette). Therefore cheap to eat in if self catering. Most spirits (copies) cost only 3-4 Euro at Supermarket.
      Forecast was a week of snowfall, so next week will be fantastic!!!!