Seasonal Accomodation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Seasonal Accomodation

Hi,

I've been able to find almost all the information I'm after using this site, so thanks very much. Just one last thing I'm not sure about.

What's the deal with accomodation once a job is secured? Say I was to find a job in a bar, would I have to source my own diggs or would the potential emplyer help? If I had to find my own, which I imagine is the case, do you have any advice on how to find some? I've not been able to find any websites so far!?!

Cheers,
      matt
    • Hi Matt

Glad you found our site useful! :D

As for accommodation I'd wait until you get to Andorra or at least until you've got yourself a job. You'll find that a lot of jobs will come with accommodation (part of your wages) or if you're in a bar then they might have an apartment that is shared between all their staff. Once you've got a job sorted then you'll have a better idea of what to do about digs.

Also, you're best off waiting until you've got a job so that just in case you're really unlucky and don't get a job sorted then you always have the option of changing resorts.

Have a look at www.aries-belier.com who have some apartments to rent in Pas if you want to get an idea of prices etc, but you'll find that estate agents have prices for year round rentals and then prices for winter only rentals.

I hope this helps!

Steve :D

• Hi Matt,

I would probably add that if you do end up sourcing your own accomodation then most agencies will want the following up front:

One months rent as their finding fee
      One months rent up front
      and an additional one or two months rent as a bond (which will be returned to you end of season if the apartment is left as found)

Obviously if you are sharing with others you will split this cost between you or if your employer provides you with accom it won't be an issue, but just bear this in mind to ensure you have enough money when you arrive if needed.

Emma :D