Anyone been to Hotel Magic Pas?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anyone been to Hotel Magic Pas?

Hi,
      We're staying at the above hotel in the week of feb half term, 2x adults and 1x child (4 yrs). We chose this resort because of the good vast ski area although I have a slight concern since booking, as i was unfamiliar with the town.. Having read many reviews for our Hotel they mention levels of noise from outside, I think from bars and people coming back from them..in fairness though not all were bad on tripadvisor just the odd one.

I wonder if anyone can tell me if they have stayed in or around this region during feb half term??. Just concerned it might not be suitable to take my boy to as it sounds like I could have booked a family trip to a club 18-30 resort .Are there likely to be families in this resort also?
    • Thanks again Steve you've been an awesome help again.
      Sorry for the all the questions, but do you know which is the nearest ski set shop to Hotel Magic Pas, apparently there are two located below:

Ski hire : Surf Evasio 1
      Address:
      39 avenue d'Encamp
      AD200 Pas de la Case

Or

Ski hire : Surf Evasio 2
      Address:
      Plaça dels Vaquers
      AD200 Pas de la Case

Which would be the closest?
      thanks
      jay
    • Jay,

I'm there (Magic Pas) for the same week with a group of friends. 3 families - 6 adults, 6 kids from 6 to 13. You won't be alone. I reckon they'll all be so tired an earthquake wouldn't wake them.

All I'm worrying about is the weather. Bring me sunshine in the day and snow all night....

Steve,

Great forum. Literally just stumbled across it. On a separate note, what sort of activities are there in resort for evenings with kids?

Cheers. Billy
    • Hi Billy

Glad you like our forum :thumbsup:

The tour operator holiday reps organise bum-boarding, plus at the Magic there's a pool table and table football in the bar/lounge. Also a big sports centre at the bottom of town, they have a big swimming pool plus I've played 5-a-side there before if there's a few of you it could be an option (and the kids aren't too tired!).

Steve
    • Thanks Steve,

I booked independently and saved us all a fortune so we won't have a rep. I imagine we will still be able to sort bum-boarding out. We're bring swim stuff although I'm hoping not to use it. Will leave that to my wife. She's not as keen a skier as I am (I did a season in Courchevel and taught English in Chamonix for a year) so I'll leave her to sort the off-piste activities.

Thanks again for the forum. It's a really good idea and reassuring about a number of things.

Cheers

Billy (Arriving on Saturday like a kid a Christmas having not skied in 11 years since my eldest was born!!)
    • We stayed at Hotel Magic last year, it was great, nice room, good food, and right in the centre so handy for everything. Didn't make it to Pas this year but will hopefully be back next year and will look at this hotel again.