Difference in Ski's

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Difference in Ski's

Hi, was in Pas last year with a group of friends and I went for the red option for ski's and boots. I was extremely pleased with the excellent freeride twin tipped ski's which I received (Green and orange Head Skis). We are going back again this year and I think I may go for the Black option for Ski's this time. What are the main differences between the Red and Black option just to be clear before I book?

Thanks 8)
    • Hi Sparky

Great to hear you had a good experience last year and are coming back :thumbsup:

The black range are similar types of skis, however with the red range they are up to two seasons old whereas the black range are all new this season. Like the red range you can swap your skis during the rental if you want to try out a different model, however with the black range you can also bring your skis in to the shop each evening for waxing.

Steve
    • skis and skipasses

Hello again!

We are two beginners coming early in jan. I figured it makes sense to book skipasses and equipment beforehand here. Am i right thinking that skipasses go for any level, but the skis need to be chosen for the beginners? If i book green skis - does it mean that i need to spend 5 days on the greem slopes? Is it possible to change it afterwards if we feel like it?

Many thnaks in advance and merry christmas !!! =))
    • Hi Ksenia

Yes a lift pass will cover you for the whole area.

For ski hire you can use "green" skis anywhere but they are just basic/economy skis best suited for beginners but you're not limited to only using the beginners area. If it's your first time then the "green" level are fine, but "blue" are a little better and newer.

If you want to upgrade during your stay you can go into the shop and pay the upgrade directly.

I hope this helps you decide, but just ask if you have any other questions.

Steve
    • Thank you, Steve!! That helps ))

All places are different, so i find it better to be prepared)))

And one more thing - 'lift pass' is the same thing as 'ski pass' here? i mean if we take lift passes online we won't need to bother about anything else to get to the slopes?

Thanks !