ADVICE - Private Snowboard Lessons for 3 days ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ADVICE - Private Snowboard Lessons for 3 days ?

Hi All

Will be arriving in Barca at 13.20 on the Monday 18th of this month and looking to book some private snowboard lessons, i have had a few on a dry slope and consider myself Level 2: Can stand on a board although not mastered turning yet.

I would like to have a lesson each day for a couple of hours on the 19th, 20th, 21st.

Is this possible ? and how would i go about booking it if so ??

I am with a group of skiers and a lone boarder.

Any help/advice much appreciated.

• I forgot to add i have tried the booking site and entered dates as arrive 19th (actually around 5-6pm on 18th) and duration for 3 days.

I will also require board/boots hire.

Will i also need a pass for lessons ?

Thanks
    • Hi Bilabonic :D

OK... for every lift you need a lift pass. The lift passes on our site cover the whole Grandvalira ski area on every lift.
      You can buy a beginner pass on a daily basis when you arrive for €29 per day. This just covers the beginner section and you can not pre book this.
      By booking your equipment before you come you get a great saving of 25% on shop rental prices. Have a look in our online shop here... Pas de la Casa ski pack it's really easy to use :)

Entering your dates you can book your lift pass and equipment but you can't select lessons with us as we only sell group lessons that start on Monday and run for 5 days. Private lessons have to be booked directly through the ski school. This link here gives you information on the prices and the schools telephone number. Pas de la Casa ski school

Hayley
    • Hayley wrote:

Hi Bilabonic :D

OK... for every lift you need a lift pass. The lift passes on our site cover the whole Grandvalira ski area on every lift.
      You can buy a beginner pass on a daily basis when you arrive for €29 per day. This just covers the beginner section and you can not pre book this.
      By booking your equipment before you come you get a great saving of 25% on shop rental prices. Have a look in our online shop here... Pas de la Casa ski pack it's really easy to use :)

Entering your dates you can book your lift pass and equipment but you can't select lessons with us as we only sell group lessons that start on Monday and run for 5 days. Private lessons have to be booked directly through the ski school. This link here gives you information on the prices and the schools telephone number. Pas de la Casa ski school

Hayley

Hayley wrote:

Thanks for the reply, still a bit confused a you state i need to buy a beginners pass out there, that will cover me for lessons that i can book via telephone on +376 871920. BUT you then add i can book a lift pass on your site ?? (plus equipment). Do i also need this pass as a beginner ?

Hayley wrote:

Thanks
    • Hi Bilabonic

I have tried to explain the different passes in my earlier message, but maybe it's not very clear. I'm not saying you need a beginners pass and that it will cover the area and instructor will take you. If you are a complete beginner it sure will, it just depends how quickly you progress. If you just wanted to walk up and practise on the bottom of the slopes then you wouldn't need any pass as you wouldn't be using a lift.
      The normal lift pass covers you for the whole ski area, this is the pass you can buy on our site.
      There is also a beginner pass available which you can't buy from our site only from the ticket offices.
      The beginner pass covers for just the beginner slope and nothing else. I don't know how quickly you will advance or what an instructor would plan for a lesson with you to say which one you should buy, I'm just telling you the options. Maybe an instructor wouldn't take you on a lift at all if you wern't ready for it. I can't say I'm sorry, I'm not an instructor but the ski school will be able to give you better guidance with this. If you think you would pick it up easy, if you're usually a natural at sporty things then you may advance quickly and want to use different lifts which you wouldn't be able to do with only a beginner pass. It's whatever you think will suit you for the days you want to spend on the mountain.

The number in the Private lesson information is the number for the Pas de la Casa ski school. Maybe when asking them about arranging your lessons you could ask which lift pass they would recommend for you to buy, for the level you are and where they think the instructor wold cover lessons with you? To make sure a beginner only pass won't restrict you.

:D
    • Thanks, that makes sense now :D

I will give them a ring and book it, i suspect i will advance quickly as i have had a few lessons on a dry slope and i skateboard so finding it quite natural.

Your advice is much appreciated. :thumbsup:

One more thing, i have seen the map of the area but can not see our apartment located on it ? We are staying in Tres Estrelles ??

How far is it from the collection point for hire gear/lessons centre ? Where would i get changed into boots/bindings ??

Thanks