Freeski areas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Freeski areas

I'm heading out to Pas at the end of jan and if the weather is kind looking for some powder in the freeski areas.

It looks as though the biggest freeski area is based over in El Tarter and was wondering what's the best option for getting there if I do get an amazing powder day while there; lifts and riding or local bus.

From piste maps it's kinda hard to tell, the road seems pretty long but buses start earlier than lifts and it's quite a few lifts/slopes to get across
      From memory I managed to board from El Tarter to Pas in a couple of hours last season, on a day visit.

Also, I've seen mention of a free catboarding operation over in Encampadana (not sure how old the article is):

[url]http://www.snowmagazine.com/ski-resorts/1003-andorra/1348-grandvalira
      [/url]

is / was this ever the case because if so then my holiday just got even better

cheers
      Dan
    • Everyone loves a powder day :thumbsup:

I have never heard of any catboarding in Grandvalira, sorry. I think for sure if it does exist it wouldn't be for free! but hey I could be mistaken. There is the ratrac but it's not always available as you need to have the great powder conditions to use that area. Maybe this is the same you mention? :wacko:

It's really up to you if you wanted to get the bus over to other sectors or board over. The buses run pretty regular from Pas and your right in saying they start before the lifts. If you know the area and have been before you will know how open and easy to see the area it is. When there's great powder I think it's easy to find it all over the ski area. There's great bits in the valleys as you make your way over from Pas to Tarter or vise versa. If you wanted to head straight to the Tarter freeride area missing out any bits along the way then if you are a good boarder it can be done in 45 minutes! The bus would probably take you 20 - 30 minutes.

Hayley :)