green cards for self employed people

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• green cards for self employed people

Hi Steve. I have a few questions to ask you. I’m a self employed musician and my work will be spread out over many different bars and restaurants. Is there a different kind of green card I need to apply for? Is there any way I can apply for my green card before I arrive? I heard there is a new system were you have to apply for your green card before September. Is this true?
      Thank you kindly for your time.
    • Hi Glen

I've sent you an e-mail with the information as well, but green cards are normally only for people who are employed by an Andorran company as it’s the company who get the green card for the employee. It’s a bit of a loophole for others who don’t work for Andorran companies such as holiday reps, but they get away with it as tour operators bring in large numbers of customers, but if immigration come to a bar where you’re working/singing then I’m not sure how they would take it.

Will you be mainly working at one bar? If so, maybe you could get a green card through them and you offer to pay for it. You’d probably be best asking one of the owners of a bar you’ll be playing in to see if they have previous experience of this situation.

To the best of my knowledge the system for getting a green card hasn’t changed – where have you heard this?

Regards

Steve