Jobs 2010/11

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jobs 2010/11

Hi just found this forum. Its a great help. My friend Jase Walsh did 7 seasons at Pas and has recommended I do one. I'm 18 and will be coming out for the start of the season with 3 friends. Is there any place with a list of employers that I can contact so that I have a guaranteed job and accommodation before I travel out? I speak a little Spanish and have 3 years work experience in Bars and Restaurants. Iv also dabbled in DJing. I would be much happier if I knew I had a job waiting for me.

Sam
    • Andorra Visa . . . HELP!!

My boyfriend and I are looking to visit Andorra for the ski season, can you advise me as to whether or not we would require a visa for this length of time. If so how would we go about obtaining one? And also would the visa requirements change if we were looking to work during our visit? My boyfriend is a qualified level 2 CASI instructor, do you know of any potential employers that would consider taking him on for some instructing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)
    • Firstly it depends on where you're from ... at the moment I'll presume you're from the UK.

Technically you would need a visa if you were coming for the full season, even if it was just for a holiday, although if you leave every couple of weeks as a lot of people do maybe with a trip to the airport or something like that then you're technically not in the country for more than a couple of weeks at a time so don't need a visa. This is a grey area though. This would be classed as a "passive residency" and you would need to pay a bond to the government somewhere in the region of €30,000 which you would get back less administrative costs when you leave!

If you or your partner plan to work then you 100% need a work permit (green card) which needs to be sponsored by an employer, so you need to get a job first and then the work permit. In order to get a work permit you need a legalised police report, which is explained on our page about working in Pas de la Casa. For instructor jobs there is only one school in Pas de la Casa, which is operated by the company who operate the mountain, called Grandvalira.

I hope this helps!
    • Hi, Ive just done a full season working in a bar in ibiza and didnt decide that I wanted to do a winter season in andorra untill I got home! Ive been searching for jobs online but havnt had much luck as would rather go over with my job already organised, as its Novermber have I left it too late as I heard that most bars have already employed everyone they will need! can you give me any advice? thanks
    • Some jobs will have already gone but there are normally some still going at the start of season, especially if you are flexible whether you just want to work in Pas or if you would go to Soldeu or Arinsal instead. Even if you haven't got a job before you go, make sure you have a current police report that you've had legalised otherwise you've no chance of getting work.
    • Looking for work in Andorra

My boyfriend and I are coming over from whistler to Andorra to do a season. We are both CASI certified instructors and well versed in all areas of ski resort life. We both have experience working in kitchens. I myself wouldn't mind working as a liftie but I've had a hard time finding any way to apply with the mountain over the internet. We are also interested in work as chalet hosts or staff. We would both love a job at any of the Andorra hills if anyone is in need of a couple good workers who are passionate about the mountains.
    • Accomodation

Hi,

I was thinking about trying to work a season over in Pas for winter 2011, ive never done anything like this before but figured im getting too old to not give it a shot!

i was just wondering do most jobs supply accommodation or is that something I would need to sort myself?
    • Accommodation depends on your employer as well as whether you want to find your own or not - somewill include it, others won't - something to discuss with people as you look for work. If you choose to/have to find your own then lots of workers share so you shouldn't have to live on your own unless you really want to.