Ski School

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi there,

congrats on an excellent site. Looking forward to my first visit to Pas de la Casa in mid-January. I booked packages for 4 through an operator; my three companions are total beginners but I have skied approx 10 times before and am of a decent intermediate-advanced standard. All packages include ski school but I have since learned that intermediate/advanced lessons generally take place in the afternoon with beginners in the morning. Obviously this would mean I would be on my own for the mornings and would barely get a chance to ski with my companions.

I have contacted the operator (polite but no help) and the ski school itself, who basically indicated that we might be able to work something out. Having read through the threads here I can see that I'm not the only person to have come across this as an issue. Can anyone offer me any comfort that there will indeed be an advanced ski school to attend in the mornings around Jan 20th? I wouldn't afford private lessons so the only other alternative for me is to take on the dreaded snowboard!

Thanks!
    • Hi Diarmaid

Glad you like our site :thumbsup:

It's a tough question you ask! Yes it comes up a bit, but it generally can't be answered until the Monday morning of the first day of lessons, which I know isn't great, but that's the way the school operates. It basically comes down to numbers booked in from all the tour operators and travel agencies, then when groups are put together on Monday morning they see if there are enough people and enough instructors to run groups of all levels in the morning or if they need to split people to the afternoon.

If you've contacted the school and they've said they'll look at doing something for you that week then that's probably about as good as a commitment you can get!

Steve
    • private lessons

Hello there!

Is there any info here on private lessons? We'd be happy to be a part of the group, but we will be skiing from friday to tuesday...so it seems we can't get into the group...We are 2 people, beginners...I wonder now if we will have a problem finding an instructor for just the two of us...

Thanks a lot in advance!
    • Hello Ksenia!

You shouldn't have a problem at all getting some private lessons. As all group lessons start on Monday's private lessons are actually quite popular with people arriving different days. You can only book them direct with the ski school but here below I have pasted the link which shows you prices of private lessons and also the contact number to ring the ski school to make any bookings. I hope you find it helpfull.
      ski lessons information

:thumbsup: Hayley