Prices

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Me and 7 mates have booked to come to Pas de la Casa Jan 2010, I know it's a bit of a long way off (25 weeks and counting!) but was wondering about prices of drinks and food and stuff over there, are there any places that do happy hours, anywhere in particular that ppl would recommend? Any info on Pas de la Casa would be useful.

Cheers!
    • Prices in Pas

We were in Pas de la Casa in March this year and although things are not as cheap as they used to be due to the strength of the Euro against the Pound, there are still some decent prices to be found if you know where to look. There are quite a few places that do Happy Hours, we frequented Olympia as it is right at the side of the ski slopes with a good terrace outside and a good place for a bit of après ski!! We stayed at the Manzano apts, which are towards the top end of the village so may be a little out of town depending on where you are staying, but they did a happy hour between 15:30 and 18:30 and again later on in the night which was pretty decent. We found the average price of a beer was around €4 to €4.50, but spirits were better value as they gave you huge measures, not for the faint hearted!!! Your best bet is to stock up on the cheap duty free booze on offer in the supermarkets (as little as 2 for a bottle of Vodka!!) and have a few drinks in your room before you go out. There are loads of supermarkets in the town selling cheap alcohol.

Food could be pretty expensive on the mountain, we had mixed experiences with this really, we found that the fast food places on the mountain could be quite pricey, but they also have some “proper” restaurants which charge you roughly the same price for a good quality sit down meal in nice surroundings as you would pay for pizza and chips elsewhere, would definitely recommend those restaurants over the fast food ones, I think we ate in the one called Tres Estanys which someone else has mentioned on here which was really good. Also Burger King and McDonalds in the town if you don’t fancy splashing out in a restaurant.

All in all I would say although Pas is not as cheap as it used to be, it is definitely better value than most resorts in the Alps...