Reply to Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Information
Verification (“reCAPTCHA”)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbsup:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • :pinch:
  • :wacko:
The maximum number of attachments: 10
Maximum file size: 1 MB
Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip
Automatically detects web page links.
Displays smilies as smiley-images.
Allows BBCodes to be used.

Previous Posts 10

• Steve wrote:

Hi Colin

There's snow forecast for the weekend again so chains would be advisable. Yes there are places to buy on the way though so usually cheaper than renting with a car. I'd also advise to come in via the Spanish border as that road stays in better condition when it snows If you do come in via the Spanish border then I'd wait until you're in Andorra to buy chains (unless you're arriving in the night) as they are cheaper - you'll pass some big supermarkets once across the border.

Steve
    can you please estimate what would be the price for those chains? rental company takes EUR 60 for the renting.
    Thanks
  • Thanks for your help Steve! We might go for the bus transfer rather than the stress of driving etc then in that case!

We'll book as much as we can (lift passes, hire etc) through the site to support you as much as we can so you can continue running such a great site.

Cheers
  • Hi Steve,

further to your response above, if I were to be driving at night, do I take it that it would be more difficult to purchase chains at the roadside?

I am due to get into Barcelona at around 8pm and would be setting off for Pas de la Casa soon after.

Cheers for your help,
    Dan
  • Hi Colin

There's snow forecast for the weekend again so chains would be advisable. Yes there are places to buy on the way though so usually cheaper than renting with a car. I'd also advise to come in via the Spanish border as that road stays in better condition when it snows If you do come in via the Spanish border then I'd wait until you're in Andorra to buy chains (unless you're arriving in the night) as they are cheaper - you'll pass some big supermarkets once across the border.

Steve
  • Driving to Pas from Barcelona

Colin

Hello

I am driving up from Barcelona this Friday evening (29th Nov) in a hire car to ski for the weekend at Pas.

Would you be able to advise if there is enough snow yet that I will need snow chains? I might be able to hire them with the car. If not, is it likely that garages along the way will sell them?

Thanks for the help.

Colin