New gondola, old 2 man gone and access off 4 man????

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New gondola, old 2 man gone and access off 4 man????

Hello in Pas

It has been 3 years since we last came and I think there have been a few changes in the lifts. It looks as though there is a new gondola, the old 2 man chair up the middle has gone and some changes right over to the left side as you look up the slope.

Also, on the latest piste map, it is showing both a blue and red run starting from part way up under TSD4 Pas De La Casa lift. Can you tell me if there is now an exit off this lift without going all the way to the top please?

Many thanks
      Wendy T
    • Hi Wendy T,

Thanks for your post.

You're right in noticing that there isn't a two man chair lift in Pas de la Casa anymore, and that there's a small gondola on the left hand side of the slopes. The gondola takes children up to where their ski school lessons begin, however you can also walk parallel alongside the slopes up to top of this gondola and it takes about 10 minutes to do so. (They just have the gondola so it's more convenient and so that people do not have to carry their equipment uphill).

There isn't an exit part way along the TSD4 Pas de la Casa chair lift (6 seater). The lift goes to the top of this part of the mountain (slightly lower and to the right of where the Coll Blanc restaurant is), and the run starts off as a red, but further down you can veer off to the right for a slightly easier, blue run.

If you're returning this season then I'm sure it won't take you long to re-familiarise yourself with the mountain, and hopefully the information above helps answer your queries but if you have any further questions please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Best wishes,

Ellen
    • Hi Mike,

There's a few chairlifts which start as 'TSF4' - Do you mean the TSF4 Solana lift which goes up from the base of the slopes? If so then it would be possible to traverse across to the very last, lower section of Pioneers, however you would be going across any skiiers/snowboarders coming down the mountain via the red Directa run.

I hope this helps but please let me know if you're referring to a different lift or if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Ellen
    • Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. February half term certainly will be busier! If the gondola is looking busy you can actually walk up to the top of the gondola via the road that runs alongside/parallel. This should only take around 10 minutes, although I can appreciate that if you're walking with your children and all their equipment then it might be quite hard work!

Just let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Ellen