Smoking ban.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello, As far as I’m aware the new smoking ban that came into effect on the 2nd Jan in Spain unfortunately does not apply to Andorra. I know in 2010 restrictions in restaurants, bars and work places were under discussion but no new laws have come into effect. Smoking in Andorra is currently banned in government, educational and hospital buildings, enclosed sports facilities and buses, this has been in effect since 2004 :)
    • Crap. I just booked a trip to Andorra and presumed like any civilised country who cares about the health of its workers there would be a ban on smoking in the workplace. Crap crap crap I now have to eat and drink with smelly wheezy peasants ;(
    • Hi!
      In Andorra the law says it's forbidden to smoke in publics areas ( like offices, shops, bus,...), in restaurants you should always have two differents areas (for smoke and not) and after in local bars and clubs it is at the discretion of the owner.
      The tobacco industry is a very important part of andorra's history and culture, it is andorra biggest agriculture export and for this reason Andorra has not been as forthcoming in smoking bans.
      Now the governemt take it more seriously and are considering the possibility to have in all areas smoking bans.