Lessons

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi Steve,

Just read this below from your web page.

Lessons
      ''Ski & snowboard school provided by the very experienced, English speaking instructors of Grandvalira. Lessons cater for absolute beginners through to higher intermediate skiers and snowboarders. Group lessons only start on Monday over 5 days for 15 hours. You will be in a group of around 12 people of similar ability. Beginners will be in the morning, whereas intermediates will be in the afternoon.''

I have booked to go with my girl frend (ski lessons). I'm intermediated and she's begginner.I was hopeing we could both go to our own classed in the morning and meet at lunch and have the afternoon together. Is this posible ?

Thanks

John
    • Hi John

It's a case of watch this space on that one. At the start of last season it was split beginners in the morning and intermediates in the afternoon then towards the end of season they changed it to have everyone in the morning.

When the season starts on November 27th it will be one of the first things we confirm with the school.

Steve
    • Am going to Pas on Boxing Day ! Our first time there. My brother is an old hand but my son has to have intermediate lessons. They are hoping to both ski together in the afternoon ! Hope they sort the lessons out for all morning otherwise this will wreck our plans and knowing my son he will jack in the lessons that we have already paid for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;( ?(
    • Kids lessons

My 2 boys skied first time in Feb this year. Enrolled them at the ski-school and by end of week they were able to easily come down the mountain.

If I enroll them again this season will they be classed as beginners or intermediates? :?: :whistling:

Reason I ask is that on the Monday morning, its a bit of a scramble at the the ski-hire shop and we were still in the rental queue by the time the morning ski lessons had started. Fortunately, they changed the beginners ski lessons to the afternoon for the half-term week, so the kids didn't miss out on the start.
    • Hello, Yes Monday morning can at times be a little bit busy in rental shops, sometimes companies allow guests to collect their equipment the night before. I know this is something our guests can do and certainly makes it a lot easier for them.

With regards ski school for your sons, I would suggest you place them in an intermediate class. Have a think about what runs they were doing earlier this year, were they comfortably on green, blues, red etc? Don’t worry if you’re not 100% sure of their ability, the first thing the school will do on the Monday is assess their ability and place them in a class accordingly. :)
    • Hi Paul,
      Unfortunately Grandvalira doesn’t have refresher courses, an alternative option would be to book a private lesson. The minimum booking is 2 hours, allowing you lots of time to regain your confidence and be introduced to the mountains. The cost is between €78 and €98, depending upon which hours of the day you choose, for every extra person, the cost is €8 per 2 hours, with a maximum of 6 people per instructor.
      To book private lessons simply call Grandvalira on the following number +376 871920.
    • freestyle lessons

Hi,

coming over in jan 2012. our flight arrives and leaves on a sunday which means I cant take the progressive freestyle lessons on offer that i have found there. is there any other options? anyone there wanna take me to the next freestyle level??!!

any help much appreciated :)
    • Hi

This season because of the way Christmas and New Year fall the first few weeks start on Tuesdays, so if it's one of these then yes you can start on Tuesday, or if it's later in the season you'd need to speak directly to the school to see if there's anything they can do.

If it's one of the first three main weeks then just go to our online shop and you'll be able to book Tuesdays.

Steve