Skiing Today - Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Skiing Today - Update

Hi

Just come down off the slopes and had a superb day! After three days of snow, there's so much powder to be found, and the slopes were really quiet in Pas. It got a little busier heading over to Grau Roig, and the snow there was particularly good.

Temperatures are very low - around -8/-10 in the town today, but beautiful blue skies to go with it! KSB have taken over the restaurant at the top of the Pas chairlift and the views are amazing! It's now called KSB d'Altitude, and they have a set menu of the day (3 courses for €14) which is good value, as well as their full menu of sandwiches, burgers etc etc.

All in all a great day, and weather forecast to stay clear for the next few days with more snow due at the weekend!

Steve :thumbsup:
    • Update 16th January ...

A bit overcast today but quite a bit warmer than it has been for a few weeks. There's loads of snow, and some runs were getting quite choppy however lower runs, and a few others had been groomed and stayed in fantastic condition throughout the day. It's due to stay warmer this week, with more snow forecast around Wednesday.
    • Loving Pas yesterday :love:

The snow could not have been better, light and easy to ski on! some of the steeper parts could nearly be classed as icy, but having done a few previous seasons elsewhere on serious ice I wouldn't say here was. I was skiing with an instructor friend too and managed to get a few pointers on how to improve my lazy skiing!! Apparently poles are not for dragging on the floor behind you?? Favourite runs of the day were the reds coming down into Grau Roig....passing the Ice bar and number of times and resisting the urge to pop in :rolleyes: It was quite busy lots of people around for the holidays so some of the lifts we had to queue at but never longer than a few minutes.

To make it even better the sun completely had his hat on :thumbup: all day and Mr Wind was no where to seen, yey. I've been looking forward to having my first tartiflette of the season for 2 weeks now. Yesterday at Husky's on the piste, in the sun, googles off as I do not pull off the 'oh so cool goggle tan' so well myself! I tucked into my long awaited friend 'Tartiflette'.....Heaven! washed down with a glass of fizzy red wine??? I was slightly dubious about drinking it... but It was lovely. It's on the shopping list already ;)

:thumbsup:
    • My day off this week was spent up the mountain skiing all day. A bunch of us went up and had probably the best day of the season so far!! Half were snowboarding and half skiing everyone had a top day :)

The slopes are in great condtition! Only a couple of them, the long rolling blues down to the Igloo bar in Soldeu still have a slight bit of ice on them. The skiing was so good we didn't come down until the mountain closed. Of course being day off there was a few mountain stops for drinks! Igloo bar in Soldeu and Ice hotel in Pas/Grau served us Hot wine, which really I found more like hot cider 8o We stopped off in Pas83 for lunch at the bottom of the slopes. Was great sitting in the sun watching all the fancy dressed up people come in and out. Next time we all get together I feel a mountain picnic coming on :thumbup:
    • Loved the skiing in Pas this last week. The slopes are in amazing condition. Anyone thinking for a little late ski trip here would be a good place to pick!
      I ski and board all over Grandvalira but the Pas and Grau Roig areas for sure are my favourite out of the area. I have been hitting the button lifts round the back of Grau mostly, I love the runs there that come down through the trees. But all the runs have been in good condition and have had some top days up the mountain.

Best news is we are supposed to having snow fall across this weekend, yey!

:thumbsup:
    • HIt the slopes in Grau Roig early yesterday when they were still quite firm, couldn't see very much as the cloud hadn't yet moved over to let to sun through. The pistes were nice and smooth, about 11am started they to warm up but as the slopes were so quiet they were lovely to ski on. The sun came out and the clouds shifted perfect excuse for wrapping up my morning on the mountain and to head for a nice spot in the sun for lunch.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: