Apartamentos Borruscall

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Apartmentos Borruscall

Hi Steve and Hayley.Just back (last week from Pas) first time for me. We read through the forum prior to leaving and found it to be a fantastic resource for all types of information (well done) Reason for the post...............

we stayed 5 nights at the Apartmentos Borruscall and the only post on this topic requested a review, as there was little or no info to be had regarding this appartment I thought I should post..

Sooooooo here is an up to date review of the Apartmentos Borruscall as of 06/03/15.

Probably had a face lift (new tiles, flooring white goods, bathroom etc 2.5 years ago)

You can walk to everywhere in ten minutes but is all uphill on the way back.

Arrived at Apartmentos Borruscall about 08.30 on Monday morning ran in to reception (ski locker room and reception) spoke to the Senora, she only spoke spanish but had a good understanding of French and a little English. I knew we were to early but never the less she offered to look after our suitcases for the day, found and empty ski locker and gave us slips for discounted ski hire and lift passes and said we could have our room by 13.00 (excellent)

Car Parking
      Appartmentos Borruscall it appears shares the underground parking with Crest Pas appartments or if not its very close. so word of warning only a compact will go in......(dont turn up in anything bigger than a Golf) The Senora cancelled our pre-booked parking space straight away no questions asked)

So we unloaded the car outside the appartments but beware it is not the widest of roads.Drove car up the hill, round the back of the appartments up to the Parking Publico, left car there for 5 days no charge and no issues. left windscreen wipers up so snow plough????????????????????????

Ski Hire 200 yards from Apartmentos Borruscall (k4. great. quick service) As Steve mentioned in premier post just 500 yards and you can cut through Olimpiades straight to the side of the first lift (they even put out benches in the alleyway) also good snack bar and excellent coffee. Ski locker hire can be found just before you enter the allewayon the right if you cant face the hike up the hill to the appartmentos.

So the appartment?
      As we managed to get skiing by 10.00am we did not return to Apartmentos Borruscall until 17.00 (yep superb, just arrive and ski) no problems or issues from reception as we had pre-paid online also we were not asked for a deposit. We just grabbed some wi fi, 10euros for five days. Changed temporary locker to our appartment allocated locker and hit the lifts with the Senora carrying towels and bed linen.

We had booked a single double with a put up but to our suprise were given a 2 bedroom (one double and one double bunk), open plan views of village. Modern tv (laptop, scart, VPN, skygo.no worries) Capable kitchen and utensils, Clean and tidy...........oddly no kettle....(used coffee perculator happy days) made up our own beds, two cotton sheets and duvet on top.........cosy,

Hot water and heating
      Bathroom has 100 ltr immersion or accumulus so as our appartment in theory could sleep six people, dont all shower one after the other. (three people no problem) there was also a bath.

The appartment was WARM but there was a thermostat and after a few hours of adjusting we got it comfortable.

Noise
      sorry too tired and never noticed..............well you can only fall down so many black runs...........

And lastly skiing?

Blue
      Good wide blues, but look for the edges of the piste to improve as most blues well groomed

Red
      Reds more trail like with interesting choke points and varied terrain, but take time out along the way to search for more interesting challenges

Black
      Depends on your ability and confidence, on the Pas side they were wide and steep, beware of change to powder sometimes on the outer edges.........i did not think you could do a cartwheel on skis...............but I managed it. took me ten minutes to get find one ski............never found my glasses.

So having never been before, would we go again..............??? already booked. Three people five days skiing for a grand and beer? it does not get better than that?

Sorry it does help that we live only 4.5 hours away by car

Vive le Pas
    • Hi

I have just booked these apartments for Feb 2016. Never been to Andorra before ..any tips? Our group is a mix of beginner/intermediate & advanced.

We are traveling from the UK and making our own way i.e. tailor making our package. Is there a train station in PDC and then taxi that would take us to these apartments or are they too far out?

Nightlife..can you walk to the main apres ski area's or are these apartments too remote?

Any idea on cost of ski/boot hire and ski school?

Sorry loads of questions but loved your review so thought I would ask:)

Thanks

Kirsty
    • Hi Kirsty

There's no train service anywhere in Andorra, so you'd need to arrive by bus or car. You'll find more info on our airport transfers page >>

The closest train station to Pas is called Hospitalet Pres d'Andorra, but then it's still a bus ride from there.

You can walk into town from there, take around 10 minutes downhill, a little longer back up :)

For the prices for ski hire, school, passes etc. you can see all online and book at this page >>

Just ask if you have any other questions.

Steve