General Prices and Mobile Signal

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• General Prices and Mobile Signal

So I am hoping to bring somewhere between 24 - 48 people to Pas next year but my only experience has been with France.

They are generally a family group with some young partiers but as I won't have any experience of the resort until December I need to collect some basic information which I can pass on.

1) What are the prices for beer and supermarkets generally like?

2) How reliable is mobile phone signal? Would my UK phone work out there or should I buy a Sim from a local provider?

3) How noisy does the resort get? Especially around the Calgary Apartments?

I have been looking to use the Calgary Apartments but I am concerned about it's proximity to the resort's bars which may be quite noisy late at night.
    • Hi Jinovich

Sounds like you'll have your hands full getting everybody organised!!

1) What are the prices for beer and supermarkets generally like?
      Pas is generally quite a cheap place with lots of supermarkets all competing for business. Beer in supermarkets is very cheap, as are spirts (eg. €2.80 for a bottle of vodka!), then in bars a pint of beer usually around €3-4 but look out for cheaper happy hours.

2) How reliable is mobile phone signal? Would my UK phone work out there or should I buy a Sim from a local provider?
      Most (if not all) UK phones work for calls but make sure you check with your network before setting off. Texting varies by UK network - some don't work and others take ages for the texts to arrive, so quite unreliable. Around the town, particularly at the bottom end closer to the French border, you may lose signal in places but that's just something you've to contend with and nothing you can do. There's only one network in Andorra and that's Mobiland by Andorra Telecom. You can buy a sim here but it's €60, although that's all given to you as credit.

3) How noisy does the resort get? Especially around the Calgary Apartments?
      It can be noisy in the evenings but generally not too bad, just depends on who's out at that particular time! The Calgary apartments are just out the way of the busiest area for bars, although a very short walk to them, so I'd think it would be ok. Milwaulkee is the closest of the busy bars (very good in there) but then from there most people would be heading in the opposite direction to your apartments.

I hope this helps answer your questions and if you'd like any assistance arranging any aspects of your trip please let us know. We can offer coach transport/airport transfers as well as great packages for lift passes, group lessons and equipment rental. If you do you can either send me a message from the forum or complete our contact form.

Steve