General questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• General questions

Hi there!
      It's going to be my first time skiing and I'm not really sure what to expect- so hope you don't mind the silly questions!! :S

If I don't fancy going skiing some day what else is there that I can do that doesn't include winter sports or being outside?
      Is there a beauty salon close to the resort?
      What is the night life like?
      How much would it be to rent ski pants and a jacket at the resort?
      If your staying in the apartments in frontera is the shop close by?
      Is there a good selection of restaurants in the area?
      Do I need sunscreen?
      How cold is it usually at the start of Feb? How much clothes do I actually need to bring/wear?

Lol sorry about all the questions!! Thanks for your help;) :rolleyes:
    • HI

Hopefully here's some answers to all your questions.

If I don't fancy going skiing some day what else is there that I can do that doesn't include winter sports or being outside?
      There's lot of shops in resort if you like a retail therapy but all activities are snow/ ski based. You could take the public bus down the the Capital where you can shop, wander around seeing the town or go to Andorra's biggest spa Caldea.

Is there a beauty salon close to the resort?
      There are a couple of hotels with small spas which may have a list of treatments. Check out Hotel Kandahar,Font' D'Argent, Himalaia and Magic Pas. Caldea in the capital definately has a huge range of treatments you could book. Also Sport Wellness in the neighbouring resort of Soldeu.

What is the night life like?
      There's loads of bars to go to in Pas and you can stay out as late as you like. You'll find some real touristy bars and also local's bars too.

How much would it be to rent ski pants and a jacket at the resort?
      You can rent a jacket and ski Pants for €15 per day.

If your staying in the apartments in frontera is the shop close by?
      If you're in the Frontera Blanca the rental shop to use when booking on our site is directly underneath your apartments. This is also where you could rent the clothing too.

Is there a good selection of restaurants in the area?
      There are restaurants galore with all types of food you can want. Pizza, Pasta, tapas, French cusine, Steaks, Burgers, Kebab.... the list goes on.

Do I need sunscreen?
      If you have a sunnny week then yes you should use sun protection.

How cold is it usually at the start of Feb? How much clothes do I actually need to bring/wear?
      No one knows how cold it will be so far in advance, best to bring lots of layers then you can put more on to warm up or take some off if you need to cool down.

Hayley :)