2012/2013 - Season Advice Please

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 2012/2013 - Season Advice Please

Firstly, I would like to thank all that have contributed to this forum as it has cleared most things up apart from the general nerves of leaving full time work in London.

Police Check, Renewed Passport and aim to arrive early November to find work all make sense. However can omeone advise on booking hostels before I depart? Is there a site, is there shared accomodation, general cost per week or even chance it?

I was also wondering weather working in TV Post Production would open opportunities other than bar work which I am more than happy to do?

Also, if any one else is thinking about doing the same this year it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks again,
      Peace,
      Lewis
    • Hi Lewis

There's no real hostel as such but quite a few really cheap hotels - take a look at andorra-resorts.com/accommodation.php and do a search and rank them by price.

As for work in TV, unless you speak Catalan you probably wouldn't find anything for the broadcasters in Andorra, although maybe get in touch with Pas Productions who do videos of customers on the slopes in fancy dress - I'm not sure exactly what their setup is but it might be worth the phone call - their phone number is 07871 240 052.

Hope this helps!

Steve
    • Thanks a lot for your help Steve. I will drop them a call.

I hate to trouble the forum again but I went into my local police station this morning asking for a police report and it fell upon slightly deaf ears. I was handed a large form and told to send off passport, driving licence and other documents with a £10 handling fee and told to expect return postage with 40 days, which obviously determine my arrival this year or not.

Can I clear the terminology up here? Is the Police Report the same as a Criminal Back Ground Check? I have trawlled through the forum but I have missed anything please could some one hyper link it to me.

Peace.

Lewis
    • RE: 2012/2013 - Season Advice Please

SonicRehab wrote:

Firstly, I would like to thank all that have contributed to this forum as it has cleared most things up apart from the general nerves of leaving full time work in London.

Police Check, Renewed Passport and aim to arrive early November to find work all make sense. However can omeone advise on booking hostels before I depart? Is there a site, is there shared accomodation, general cost per week or even chance it?

I was also wondering weather working in TV Post Production would open opportunities other than bar work which I am more than happy to do?

Also, if any one else is thinking about doing the same this year it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks again,
      Peace,
      Lewis
      Hi Lewis
      Me and a couple of mates turned up in Pas on Saturday and are staying in hotel Central for 15 euro a night until we are able to find work/apartment etc. There are loads of bars and restaurants around. Going to have a look around and start handing C.Vs out this afternoon.
      If you fancy catching up for a beer when you arrive just drop us a line.

Dave