Pas in October

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pas in October

Hello,

My brother and I were thinking of spending a couple nights in early October. I had a couple questions.

1) Is there good hiking available this time of the year?
      2) How is the weather?
      3) Is nightlife still busy? (obviously not as much as in season)

Thanks
    • Hi

The summer season finishes at the end of September so it will be very quiet, although Pas de la Casa still receives "shopping tourists" coming for cheap duty free. Obviously you can still go walking through if you want. The main walking routes in the Grandvalira area go from Soldeu where the lift takes you up to where the golf course is so then you can walk from there, although again this is only until the end of September.

The weather is normally a little unpredictable in October, but you can see averages here: www.meoweather.com/history/Andorra/na/42.5/1.5166667/Andorra.html, and regarding nightlife, there's not really much happening then.

Hope this helps!

Steve
    • Thanks for the quick reply.

A couple more questions. If we go it will be the first two nights of October.

1) We are not so worried about "nightlife". We will be in Barcelona after Pas (if we go) so we will get our fill there. I was curious if bars are still open? We would not mind them being dead.

2) We are mainly interested in scenery and the mountains. Wanted to do some walking/hiking/photography. I'd heard of the Portella Blanca Trail? Is that accessible during our stay? It does not need to be expert hiking trails. Maybe just something easy at the base we could make a day of and take some pictures.

Thanks again.
    • There probably won't be any bars open for parties, just a quite beer or coffee etc.

That route starts from Grau Roig which is just the other side of the mountain, so if you have a car it's around a 10 minute drive over the top, or you can cut a few minutes out by going through the tunnel but that's €6.40 each way. I've not walked it myself but it should take around 6 hours for a round trip, and I'm not sure of how difficult it is.